Saturday, February 7, 2009

2009 is the year of optimism

So I'm feeling particularly optimistic these days about what 2009 has to offer. Let consider 2008 as the year of trial and error. I had some awesome births, I had some that were horrible and one that was completely devestating to me and made me question my strength to continue on in the birth world. I took courses, I learned lots, not only about birth and breastfeeding but about myself. I became a stronger person. I became a better mother, a better wife, a better daughter and a better doula.

2009 will see the birth of many babies and also the birth of a new chapter in my doula life. This chapter includes new training, a new partnership and the birth of a new organization. The Toronto Doula Group will be emerging and taking on the doula world by storm.

I'm so excited about this and I know that there is only good things ahead of me in this brand new year. So watch out, I'm here and I'm not leaving.

2 comments:

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

Yay kim! This post is very inspiring for an aspring doula!