Friday, January 2, 2009

Toronto East General Hospital

Wow, is all I can say for this hospital. It was amazing. The birth itself was great. Unmedicated, my client was in complete control and she was a rock star. I'm so proud of her. And to top it all off the hospital was amazing. Great jacuzzi tub that the nurse suggested to use. (Normally I get a weird look if we ask to use the tub.) One nurse brought out the birthing bar for my client to squat if she wanted to. (Normally they pretend like they can't find it.) The room was beautiful and very quiet. The doctors were all so nice and amazing. One actually complimented me as opposed to treating me like wallpaper, and they seemed pleased that my clients had a doula. I would give my eye teeth to do another birth there. Oh wait I am. I'm jazzed to have been hired by another client who is birthing there. Yeah me. Yeah them!

All I can say is Kudos to Toronto East General Hospital, to Dr. Maya Ganz and all the nurses there as well. And finally Kudos to my client and her strength and her control.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm so happy to read this positive review. I am due in two weeks (although I might be going in next week for induction depending). I have been semi happy with my doctor. She is very nice, but I get the feeling she isn't the best listener (cuts me off and stuff), and that worried me. However I was admitted there overnight for pain and the nurses were all amazing.